SoT (Sands of Time) is a living breathing persistent world server in development using NWN. It is based on pencil and paper D&D Dark Sun Boxset by Timothy Brown and Troy Denning. Where players inhabit a harsh, post-apocalyptic desert world.
An online story driven persistent role-playing world, based around characters and their adventures, with a heavy emphasis on role playing. We have added a lot of elements to the server for player interaction and to give the world a hardcore realism feel about it.
After all Dark Sun is about managing one’s resources just to live to see tomorrow. We want players to see the world through their characters eyes and to provide a very rich role-playing experience so that the world feels a live.
With . . .
- Player to player interaction
- Player driven stories
- Live DM events
- This server is “Not” about racing to max level.
- Its “Not” a fast pace action game.
- This is a “Role Playing” game.
- This server is about the world, the creatures, the NPC’s, the stories, the journey.
- Leveling can be long, slow, and challenging.
- There will be advanced levels for classes that players can unlock.
- Classes will level at different rates, So some classes and class combos will level faster then others.
- Food and water is needed for your character as well as their mounts, pets, and henchman.
- You will need more water when outside during the hottest part of the day.
- You will need more food and water when traveling long distances.
- Some races will need more or less food, water, and/or rest then others.
- Money are coins in your inventory which can be dropped and/or stolen.
Good writers are going to be the hart and soul of this project. Yes, all of our 3D model that we are creating are nice and all, but to be honest its all just eye candy. Yes, all the work that the 3D model team is doing is going to help make this project look like Athas, which is really just helping to draw players into your stories and adventures. That’s right, players will learn to like, love, miss, hate, or even want to kill the NPCs that you create. It’s your (the writers/DM’s) stories that will engage the players and keep them coming back for more.
We aren’t creating a theme park mmo and our focus isn’t on over powered characters, raid bosses or epic items. If players want that there are a ton of other games out there for them.
This project is an RPG (Role Playing Game) it’s about the NPCs, the creatures, the stories, and the world. We want you (the writers) to help bring it all to life. We want you all (the writers) to create interesting NPCs and stories.
Think about Athas as a living breathing world. A world with merchants, shopkeepers, dancers, guards, slaves, poor people, rich people, nobles, kids, animals, you name it. What all makes a world go round. What all jobs are needed. What all can and does go wrong in a world full of people doing all kinds of jobs fighting to get a head.
You are going to help to bring the City of Tyr and the whole world of Athas to life. The work you do will be the heart and soul of this project.
We are always recruiting writers, we can’t have enough of them. If this is something that your interested in please reach out to me.
You can find out more about us and or follow us on our media websites
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DarkSunforNWN
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/darksunfornwn
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/darksunfornwn/
Welcome to Darksun – Sands of Time.